Kampong Chhnang is 91km north of Phnom Penh on a reasonable, sealed road on National Highway No 5. There are many bus companies offer daily bus schedule from Phnom Penh to Kampong Chhnang and return. So it is easy to to drop off when going from Phnom Penh to Battambang and Poipet. Ho Wah Gentting Buses offering bus schedule To and from Phnom Penh costs just 5,000 riel on the air-con bus.
- Bus: 6:30 am, 9:30 am, 11:00 am, 12:00 pm, 1:15 pm, 2:00 pm, 3:30 pm, 4:30 pm.
Phnom Penh to Kampong Chhnang departs (from Central Market Terminal) 6:40 am, 8:00 am, 9:00 am, 10:00 am, 11:30 am, 1:00 pm, 2:00 pm, 3:30 pm, and 4:30 pm. If you like, you can get off at Udong and see the old ruins and its newest additions (just grab a moto-taxi next to the entrance road), then go back out to the highway and grab the next bus heading your way to Kampong Chhnang.
- Share Taxis: If you want to shorten the time to travel to Kampong Chhnang you may take on of the share taxis. The taxi station is mostly located near the main central market. However, this is faster than bus but you have to pay more as with the bus (approx. US$3.5) from Phnom Penh and Double for Pursat.
- Motorcycle Tours : From Phnom Penh to Kampong Chhnang can be reached by Motorcycle in all direction problem on Highway No 5 from Kampong Chhnang to Pursat is slowly getting some resurfacing work and while not good by any stretch in good road. For Surity is not a problem.
- Bullet Boat: The bullet boats to and from Siem Reap and Phnom Penh are taking you through a breathtaking countryside along the Tonle Sap to the provincial town. Going from Phnom Penh to Kampong Chhnang you’ll have to find the docking station of the boats, which is just around 200m after the Japanese Bridge to the left riverbank of the Tonle Sap. The price for one trip is around US$8. The price from Siem Reap might get a bit higher as you’re starting from the touristy hotspot. The trip from PP will take approx. 3 1/2h; from Siem Reap approx. 4h (depending on rainy and wet season).
- Kampong Chhnang to Battambang :
- Kampong Chhnang to Pursat. Taking 145 km drive, with the road is in good conditions, however while driving becareful of animals, kids and motor on the road for safety driving.
- The Kampong Thom to Poipet
- Kampong Chhnang to Poipet
(Visited 59 times, 1 visits today)