[[Siem Reap]] offers an remarkable range of cuisines, restaurants and dining venues. You will have no trouble in finding something which suits your tastes and budget. If you don’t want to eat out, most guesthouses and hotels offers in house restaurant. Some restaurant focus on Khmer foods you can find across town. European and other Asian cuisines are also well serving in town includes French, Italian, German and other Vietnamese, Indian, Chinese, Korean, Japanese. In town there will be also finest venues offer French cuisine. Also of interest to the gastronome, some finer venues are offering catering for the traveler tastes with pizzas, hamburgers, and tasty westernized versions of Cambodian food such as Amok and ‘Khmer curry’. The numerous Karaoke restaurants offer a real authentic experience of modern Khmer dining.
Restaurants are spread across the town just 5-minute tuk-tuk ride away or by motodob. Many restaurants, including several specializing in Khmer food, are concentrated in the Old Market area, especially around ‘Pub Street.’ Listings in dark blue offer a bar/nightlife venue in addition to being a restaurant. Listings in maroon also offer a traditional performances. Listings in maroon offer traditional performances. Pub Street is best known as a watering hole, but it has also many nice restaurants, bar and club that won’t break the bank.
In town, there are many authentic Beer Garden restaurants that you can also enjoy and most popular for Cambodian, though your moto or tuk-tuk driver will no doubt know where to take you. They will be happy to wait (or join you) if you are really out in the boonies. There is often no English menu, but one of the staff will be happy to help you order. Try phnom pleurng, a delicious cook-it-yourself beef barbecue. Another sensational dish, which is only available at these types of restaurants, is the trei bung gancheyt. Recommended Restaurant that you can visit:
- Aha Restaurant and Wine Bar: Chic, popular, fully air-conditioned restaurant and wine bar also offering pleasant curbside seating on the The Passage.. Superior wine selection – extensive, varied and deep. Small plates and full meals, Khmer cuisine, contemporary, fusion and beyond Chicken with Curry Paste & Pineapple, Calamari with Fresh Pepper Corns….
Pub Street alley, ‘The Passage’
Opening Time: 11:30AM – 2:30PM / 6:00PM – 10:00PM
Booking: Tel: 063-965501
- Angkor Café: Restaurant: Khmer Art de Vivre Boutique and Café
After a visit to the Angkor temples can relax over a coffee and cookies or ice cream and discover the arts and crafts of the Khmer traditional savior-faire in the same building at Angkor Café in front of Angkor Wat temple. In front of Angkor Wat
Open: 08:00AM – 5:00PM
- Blue Pumpkin: Popular, thoroughly modern restaurant/bar offering contemporary menu and ambiance. Curbside and indoor café seating and a comfortable a/c sofa lounge upstairs with full bar. Free WiFi access!!. Nicely prepared pastas, salads, pita sandwiches and finger foods. Burger and fries. Breakfast. Good selection of great, fresh made ice creams. Excellent fresh baked breads and pastries. Reasonably priced. Accepted Major credit card: Visa/MC/JCB/ANZ. Old Market area
Open: 6:00AM – Midnight
- Bopha Angkor Hotel and Restaurant : Restaurant: Khmer : Nicely prepared, finely presented traditional Khmer dishes served in a comfortably refined terrace restaurant. Traditional curries, fried beef with ginger, chicken and fish amoks and other Khmer dishes. The beef curry in coconut milk is recommended. Crepes and ice cream for desert. Full bar, cocktail and wine selection, local beers. Accepted: Visa/MC. East side of Siem Reap River
Open: 6:00AM – 10:00PM
- Central Café: Restaurant / Bar: International: Smart, comfortable, international style restaurant and bar cater-corner to the Old Market and offering a nice streetside view. Wide selection of western favorites and well as some local selections. Fish & chips, soups and salads, pizzas, pastas, a big selection of burgers and even a kid’s menu. Full bar, cocktails, top-shelf spirits. Good place for a snack, dinner, happy hour or to relax over a local beer or cup of coffee and write some postcards.Old Market area
Open: 7:00AM – 11:00PM – **Happy Hour: 4PM-7PM
- Curry Walla: Restaurant: Indian: Award winning Indian restaurant (Best Value for Money) serving a wide variety of vegetarian and non-vegetarian, authentic Indian dishes at very reasonable prices. Free home delivery and internet access for guests. As reviewed in Lonely Planet. Two locations, one on Sivatha Blvd and another on the road to the Angkor Night Market.
1) #805, Sivatha Blvd. 2) Road to Angkor Night Market
Open: 10:00AM – 11:30PM
- Khmer Kitchen Restaurant : Restaurant: Khmer Cuisine: Offering a wide selection of very affordable, authentic Cambodian and other Southeast Asian dishes. Amok, Luk-Lak, Sour Soup, Pumpkin Soup, Khmer Curries and more. Traditional favorites and many lesser known Khmer dishes. No MSG in any of the food. Comfortable indoor and sidewalk seating on the tranquil, traffic-free Pub Street alley. Most dishes for US$3 or less.
1) Pub Street Alley (The Passage), north end
11:00AM – 11:00PM Tel: 063-964154
2) Pub Street Alley (The Passage), corner of Street
10 11:00AM – 11:00PM Tel: 063-966353
3) Old Market area, Street 10, opposite the market
11:00AM – 11:00PM Tel: 063-963756
- La Noria: Restaurant/Bar: French : Open air restaurant set in a very nice, traditional Cambodian wood building. Good view of the river and Grand Hotel gardens. Selection of Khmer and continental dishes. Wine selection. Full bar. Cocktails. Moderate prices. Shadow puppet performances on Wednesdays.
East side of the river 50m north of Rte 6
6:00AM – 10:00PM
- La Résidence d’Angkor: Restaurant/Bar: Cambodian/International/Traditional Performances : For the discerning diner, superior riverside hotel presenting some of Siem Reap’s finest dining and drinking venues. The Dining Room offers an exquisite atmosphere, superb service and fine Cambodian, French and other international fare served a la carte or from a variety of set menu selections. Excellent choice of imported wines, fine spirits and cocktails. Fully air-conditioned and garden terrace dining. Traditional dance performances on the terrace Tuesdays, Thursday and Saturday evenings. After dinner, lounge at the first floor balcony bar with a wonderful riverside view. Plush comfort, fine spirits, wines and cigars and even internet stations.
East side of the river
- Le Meridien Hotel: Fine Restaurants and Bar : Angkor Royal Café – An excellent breakfast venue, just 5 minutes from Angkor Wat, offering a wide variety of Western and Asian cuisine in an elegant atmosphere. “The perfect restaurant to cool down during lunchtime or enjoy an authentic Khmer dinner experience.” L’Angelo – “Aromas of Italian cuisine will tempt you. Dine in a contemporary setting while enjoying sumptuous food and a fine wine selection.” Naga Bar – An ideal place to rendezvous and unwind with live entertainment in the evening. “Whether you like your drinks stirred, shaken or straight, the attentive staff are eager to please.”
Located at Le Meridien Hotel
- Master Suki Soup: Restaurant: Suki Soup/Seafood/International: Very popular, fully air-condition suki soup restaurant with the classic suki soup table outfitted with built-in soup tureen. Order from a wide selection of meats and a la carte or set plates and create your own suki soup. Lots of fresh seafood. A la carte dishes available. Excellent western style fish and chips.
Oum Khun Street 10:00AM – 9:30PM
- The Pizza Company: Restaurant: Pizza/Intl: One of the most popular pizza places in town, serving a huge variety of authentic international style pizzas – thin and crispy, thick and soft crust, your choice. Some of the most organized efficient and fastest pizza delivery in Siem Reap. You can’t miss their colorful delivery motos racing around town.
Pokomor Ave., Old Market area 10:00AM – 09:00PM
- Raffles Grand Hotel D’Angkor: Restaurants and Bars : One of the finest hotels in town, offering some of Siem Reap’s most elegant dining and stylish bars. Fine a la carte dining, casual cafés, international buffets and poolside dining. After dinner, the piano bar is a nice place to end your day or begin the evening. Happy hour 7:00PM – 9:00PM. Join the Afternoon Tea historical tour of the Raffles Grand Hotel D’Angkor, beginning at 3PM, touring more than 80 years of the Grand’s history and ending back at the Conservatory for a traditional Afternoon Tea.
Grand Hotel D’Angkor