In [[Sihanoukville]] There is no shortage for guesthouses and hotels across the city, from basic rooms with fans to beach resorts. Except for holiday weekends, no matter when you arrive, you will have no difficulty finding a room from budget, middle range and luxury hotel, although it’s no surprise that the very cheapest room. When arriving in Sihanouk Ville as many people check out early to catch onward transport. If you intent to stay for more than a couple of nights it’s worth asking about getting a discount at guesthouses and mid-range hotel.
The beaches with the most hotel and restaurant facilities are Ochheuteal and ‘Serendipity’ beaches. Some of the town’s best hotels and bungalows are on Ochheuteal Street just 50 meters off the ocean. One block off the beach road, on 23 Tola Street, there are the mid-range Golden Sand, Holiday Hotel, Orchidee Guesthouse as well as a couple budget places. ‘Serendipity Beach’, at the north end of Ochheuteal, offers both budget and mid-range beach and hillside bungalows.
For accommodation is on average, fan rooms from ($5-$10) and a/c for ($10-$25) There are also plenty of guesthouses ($2-$8), a growing number of upper mid-range places ($30-$60), and the 5-star Sokha Beach Resort. Most of the hotels are concentrated in the downtown area, on Ochheuteal Beach and Victory Hill. For downtown area is a 5- minute motor ride or a 30- minute walk from the beaches and it is easy access to restaurants, taverns, transport and markets. Hotels in town tend to be uniform in character and price at $8-$15 for a single room with A/C, cable TV, and hot water. Generally speaking, lower prices mean older, more spartan rooms. There is a concentration of hotels in the center of the downtown along Ekareach Street.
Several budget guesthouses, bungalows, restaurants and bars dot the Hill, particularly on the beach side. There’s a booming nightlife on the top of the Hill these days, with several bars and clubs staying open into the wee hours Almost all guesthouses and hotels can arrange anything a tourist might need including tours, transport and information. In Ochheuteal Beach, about 1.5km from downtown, Weather Station Hill (a.k.a. Victory Hill) sits above Victory Beach and has long been popular with budget travelers.
- Green Mood Guest House: ☎ +855 0978 949366, . Victory Hill. Big and quiet rooms from US$2.5-12. 2 minutes from the beach, private garden, free wi-fi, billiard table, backpacker central in Victory Hill, Italian management. Restaurant offers Italian and Khmer food. Every Friday night free
- Angkor Inn. Downtown: Good value rooms starting at US$5 for fan and cold water with cable TV. US$6 gets you hot water and 10+ there are air-con options also. Restaurant with free wifi in front. Across from Freedom Bar, can be a little bit noisy in the evening.
- Castaways Beach Bar: ☎ 012998492. checkout: anytime. Old Otres Beach. Simple bungalows direct at a lonely beach. 100% cambodian family run business. Electricity is only a few hours during the night by a generator available. Absolutely deserted 2km behind all the other Otres Beach things. Lovely family contact. Moto can be rented, laundry available, and food will be cooked whatever you like. Ignore the menu and let Ok (the owner) decide what to eat. Things will change there within 2012. 5$.
- Cinderellas Dive Resort & Beach Bungalows: Otres Beach. Oceanfront beach accomodations. Great diving and nice service. . Rooms from US$6-25. Sihanoukville is surrounded by small and unspoiled islands and has one of Cambodias nicest beaches, the Otres Beach. It is still not overloaded with tourism. All rooms with fan. Tel: 012-613380
- Diamond Guesthouse: is 30 metres from Serendipidity Beach). Quiet, safe, relaxing. Helpful staff. fan room: US$10; air-con room: US$15.
- The Don Bosco Hotel School: (2.5 km from Otres Beach), (firstname.lastname@example.org), . A new (2008) 3 star hotel in a lush garden with a swimming pool, air-conditioning, and free wifi, pick-up and shuttle to the beaches and city. It is also an Hotel School helping young Cambodians to learn a skill and find a job. US$30-60 including breakfast. edit
- Independence Hotel: Street 2 Thnou, Sangkat No 03, ☎ +855-3494-3300, . After opening in 1962 as the town’s elite accommodation at a cost of 30 million riel, this hotel was subject to decades of neglect and eventually abandoned to squatters. A Chinese group repaired the damage and the hotel reopened in December 2007. A modernist concrete seven-story block on top of the cape and with great sea views, it has a pretty pool and attractive, expansive gardens. A nice touch are some black and white photographs of the hotel in its heyday. The best feature is the adjacent clean pale sand private beach which has crystal clear water and some big rocks, although this may currently be under development as the hotel are planning bungalows. Some distance from town. From US$140, breakfast included. edit
- Sokha Beach Resort: (Sokha Beach), ☎ +855-34 935-999 (email@example.com), . An international-class beach resort. Very bland and a bit rough around the edges, but the beach is gorgeous and hassle-free, and the resort is family-friendly with children swimming pools and playgrounds. All restaurants at the resort, though, are badly overpriced. Promotional rates: US$140-810.