Present, It is more accessible to Banteay Meanchey Province, Most domestic and international visitors come to Banteay Meanchey mostly by Road, you can reach the province by method of transport as the following:
- Bus/Share Taxis: If you wish to go to Anlong Veng you best come from Siem Reap via Major Road No 64 (distance: 142km). The time of journey vary depending on the season between 4-6hours. The easiest transport mean is a share taxi, which will charge you around US$4-5. Anlong Veng is also connected by reasonable roads to the provincial capital Samraong (US$4) in the West and Prasat Preah Vihear to the East.
- Coming from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap: (Bus) : Several guesthouses, travel agencies and bus companies offer daily bus transport between Phnom Penh and Siem Reap. It is a smooth 314 km, 5-7 hour trip. The bus makes at least two stops along the way (at Skun and Kampong Thom). All charge the same, $3.50 (14,000R) one way. The earliest buses depart starting at 6:30AM and that last buses between noon and 1PM.
- Neak Krorhorm Travel : Phnom Penh office at the corner of Street 110 and Sisowath Quay. Siem Reap office opposite the Old Market GST: Phnom Penh bus station near the southwest corner of Phsar Thmey (Central Market).
- Phnom Penh Public Transport Co.: Phnom Penh bus station near the southwest corner of Phsar Thmey (Central Market). Coming from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap: (Share Taxis) Local shared taxi: 25,000 riel per person. Departs from southwest corner of Central Market in Phnom Penh. 5-8 hours Private taxi: US$38-$45 for the whole car. 5-6 hours. Due to rising fuel costs, prices are in flux.
- Motorbike Info to Anlong Veng: The road to Siem Reap is in good condition, but driving in Cambodia is still challenging in the extreme, and should be attempted only by experienced riders. Speeding taxis, slow cows, and oblivious children are the norm. The trip calls for a dirt or road bike, no smaller than 250cc. It can be made in a day, but two days with a layover in Kampong Thom is a more relaxed alternative and allows time to visit the pre-Angkorian ruins of Sambor Prei Kuk. Leave Phnom Penh via the Japanese Bridge and follow National Highway No 6 75km to the North. You’ll reach the Skun intersection (Skun is known for its exotic foods – check out the fried spiders, turtle eggs and more at roadside stands.), where you have to turn left and follow NH 6 to Kampong Thom – about 2-3 hours. In Kampong Thom, the Arunreas Hotel (062-961294), Stung Sen Royal Hotel (012-309495) and Mittapheap Hotel are all decent mid-range places. Arunras Guesthouses and Restaurant next to the hotel is the place to eat cheaply.
- From Kampong Thom to Siem Reap the trip takes another 2 hours. From there you?ll have to search the Major Road 64 to Anlong Veng. This will take you another 6h on bumpy unpaved dirt roads through monotonous dry forest changing sometimes to jungle sections. Going to Samraong: (Share Taxis/Pick Up/Motorbike) Heading west on the NH 6 from Siem Reap you’ll reach an intersection after 51km. Turn right and you enter after some 100m a small town called Kralanh (US$1.5 from Siem Reap or Sisophon). From here you take another pick up or share taxi to the North on laterit-paved and bumpy Minor Road 68 (US$2-3, 2-3hours, 65km). Sometimes you can find early taxis leaving to Samraong from Siem Reap (US$4-5).
For the time being, there is no flights schedule and airport to Banteay Meanchey, only main destinations in Cambodia offer you affordable flight and quick more easy.
No boat transportation available in connection to Banteay Meanchey Province, for boat transportation pleases visit
(Visited 34 times, 1 visits today)