Most accessible border for traveler to Cambodia is Poipet from Thailand to Siem Reap; Broder crossing at Koh Kong and the Vietnamese crossings at Ha Tien and Phnom Den Border give international access for traveler to gain access to southern part of Cambodia; and the Vietnamese crossings at Moc Bai and Chau Doc ( are most convenient to Phnom Penh.
Visas is required when you travel and plan a trip to visit Cambodia. When you are at Vietname, Thailand, Lao, There is very important and easy to get visa at border crossing. Cambodian visas are available at the borders.
Cambodian Border Crossings with Thailand
- Aranyaprathet (Thailand) // Poipet, Oddar Meanchey (Cambodia) – Visitor’s most direct access to Siem Reap Province from Thailand
- Chong Jom (Thailand) // O’Smach, Oddar Meanchey (Cambodia)
- Chong Sa Ngam (Thailand) // Anlong Veng, Oddar Meanchey (Cambodia)
- Hat Lek (Thailand) // Cham Yeam, Koh Kong (Cambodia) – Most direct access to Sihanoukville
- Ban Pakard, Chantaburi (Thailand) // Phsar Prom Pailin, Painlin City (Cambodia)
- Ban Laem, Chantaburi (Thailand) // Daun Lem, Battambang (Cambodia)
VISA & TRANSPORT INFORMATION: Cambodian visas and 30-day Thai transit visas are available at all Thai/Cambodian border crossings. Thai transit visas are free of charge. Other types of Thai visas are not available.
Cambodian Border Crossings with Vietnam
- Bavet Checkpoint: Moc Bai (Vietnam) // Bavet, Svay Rieng (Cambodia) – To/From Phnom Penh City
- Tinh Bien (Vietnam) // Phnom Den, Takeo (Cambodia) – To/From Phnom Penh or Kampot/Kep
- Trapeang Phlong Border Pass: Xa Mat (Vietnam) // Trapeang Phlong, Kampong Cham, (Cambodia)
- Ving Xuong, Vietnam // Kaam Samnor, Kandal (Cambodia) (“The Chau Doc Crossing”) – To/from Phnom Penh)
- Xa Xia, Vietnam/Prek Chak (Cambodia) (Ha Tien crossing) – Currently not open to foreigners, but the Cambodian government just announced that this crossing will be opened to foreigners in the near future
- Le Tanh,Gia Lai Province, Vietnam/O’Yadaw, Ratanakiri, Cambodia – Newly opened international border crossing. Travelers report Cambodian visas available at the border. Vietnamese visas NOT available at the border. Visa status is unconfirmed by official sources.
- Trapeang Srer International Border Checkpoint, Kratie Province
- Banteay Chakrey International Border Checkpoint, Prey Veng Province
- Cambodian visas available at the border. Vietnamese visas is NO AVAILABLE at the border. Cambodian E-Visa accepted at this crossing. Cambodian visas are available at the Bavet/Moc Bai and Chau Doc (Kaam Samnor) crossings. Availability of visas at the new Phnom Den and Kampong Cham crossings is unknown. Vietnamese visas are not available at any crossing.
- Transportation is convenient from PHNOM PENH – MOCBAI Check Point on national road 1 across NEAK Leung, Cambodia and traveler must across ferry. There are several bus company direct from Hochiminh City and Phnom Penh. The cost is about $10 – $ $12 and take around 5-6 hours. Bus Company you can choose incoude:
Phnom Penh Sorya – Phnom Penh to/from HCMC: 6:30, 8:00. 9:00, 11:45, 13:30
Mekong Express – Phnom Penh to/from HCMC: 7:00, 8:30, 13:00
Mailinh Open Tour – Phnom Penh to/from HCMC: 7:00AM, 8:30AM, 13:00, 14:30, Tel: 023-211666
Raksmey Angkor Corp #1Eo Street 106 at Sisowath Quay. Tel: 023-884179
Taxi: Shared taxis cost around $5 at Chbar Ompov Market, Phnom Penh direct to border crossing Bavet, arrival at border you can choose taxi or van for your trip diect to Hochiminh City.
Cambodian Border Crossings with Laos
Voeung Kam, Laos/Dom Kralor, Cambodia
This is a semi-official crossing. Border policies are not stable. Cambodian visas are available at the border. Laos visas are not available. Cambodian visas are available at the border (Don’t forget to bring a photo!). Some travelers report that visas are only available at the road crossing, not at the river crossing. Laos visas NOT available at the border. No special permits required from either Cambodia or Laos. Time Open 08:00-17:00